[R-pkg-devel] Extending MIT software

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:40:30 CEST 2015

IANAL, too, but if you are indeed extending (i.e. embedding or
copying) another package, then you need to put all copyright holders
into the LICENSE file.

In the individual files, you can explain who has the copyright for
what. If you don't change the copied files at all, that is simple,
just add yourself as copyright holder to the new files you create.


On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Charles Determan
<cdetermanjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> When developing a new package we want to have a license attributed to that
> package.  That said, I am a little confused how one would approach the MIT
> license.  I am working on a package that extends upon another library that
> has the MIT license.  I know that I need to create a LICENSE file with YEAR
> My question is, would the copyright holder be just the authors for this
> given R package or a combination of the R package authors and the original
> library authors?
> Regards,
> Charles
>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> ______________________________________________
> R-package-devel at r-project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-package-devel

More information about the R-package-devel mailing list