[R-pkg-devel] Extending MIT software

Neal Fultz nfultz at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:10:27 CEST 2015

IANAL, but if you are just importing or depending on another package, you
shouldn't need to worry about this. If you
copied their code into your own package, you should probably rethink your
approach.

At my job, several of my coworkers had copy/pasted code from stack
overflow, which carries a CC license. This is
hypothetically a problem if anyone ever tried to buy our code base or
company. To clean it up, I moved all of the functions
 into a separate stackoverflow package which had the correct license and
attribution.