[R-pkg-devel] packages installed on winbuilder

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri May 22 17:22:35 CEST 2015

On 22 May 2015 at 14:35, Stachelek, Joseph wrote:
| I am receiving this error about RcppOctave. I see that it does not have a binary on CRAN because of compiled code issues. My package does not have compiled code itself and it passes CRAN check. I set example code chunks to not run but this did not solve the issue.

That is a pretty involved package which I know a little. I would recommend
that make that a Suggests: RcppOctave and test for presence of RcppOctave in
examples or tests.   To my reading of Writing R Extensions, that is exactly
what is recommended in this situation where you "can but not must" use
another package.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org