[R-pkg-devel] packages installed on winbuilder

Martin Maechler maechler at lynne.stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri May 22 16:24:36 CEST 2015

    > I am trying to compile a package through winbuilder. The winbuilder website says that every CRAN package is installed. Does this mean that absolutely every package is installed or just packages that have binary distributions? I am getting a "package required but not available" message.

The Winbuilder service is basically provided by Uwe Ligges volunteering
(and infrastructure of the department of statistics of
 Universität Dortmund, AFAIK, with a some hardware costs covered
 by the R Foundation).

I'm pretty sure Uwe's intent is to have  every  CRAN package
installed .. which is installable on Windows.
Some packages do explicitly require a non-Windows OS
(similarly as a few other packages explicitly only work on Windows)
and hence would be excluded.

For other packages, considerable manual work might be
required such that the package is easily installed/installable
on Winbuilder.  For instance, for my 'Rmpfr' package, a few
years ago, Uwe had to make sure that the underlying MPFR C
library was available on the winbuilder as well.

So lets thank Uwe for all he has volunteered doing about this,
and in your place, I'd ask him politely also for your specific
situation.

Martin

    > [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
We do much prefer  'plain text' e-mails on our lists, for
several reasons,  see also
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html