[R-pkg-devel] Welcome all!

Martin Maechler maechler at lynne.stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri May 22 16:00:13 CEST 2015

    > Thanks to all (176 as of now) of you for subscribing.  We hope this will turn
    > into a useful forum.

    > I would also like to thank you for your patience. We are having some somewhat
    > unusual birthing problems, and martin is looking into some file permissions
    > at the ETH side.  I also flipped the switch from 'moderated' -- the idea (per
    > discussion between Hadley, Martin and myself) is to be subscriber-only not
    > unlike a lot of the other R Project sublists.

Yes, the list is subscriber-only.  If you are not subscribed,
your post is rejected immediately.

However -- as with other R project lists, for extra spam
protection -- your first posting(s) will still need a one-time
moderator approval.

We would be happy for a few volunteer moderators (who should be
known to us), notably from the AU/NZ and Asian time zones.
Please address me maechler at ... or us
r-package-devel-owner at ... if you are volunteering.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich