[R] Prediction from Arima model

Christofer Bogaso bog@@o@chr|@to|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 31 19:54:23 CEST 2024

Hi,

I have run following code to obtain one step ahead confidence interval
from am arima model

library(forecast)

set.seed(100)

forecast(Arima(rnorm(100), order = c(1,0,1), xreg = rt(100, 1)), h =
1, xreg = 10)

However this appear to provide the Prediction interval, however I
wanted to get the confidence interval for the new value.

Is there any way to get the confidence interval for the new value?

I also wanted to get the estimate of SE for the new value which is
used to obtain the confidence interval of the new value. Is there any
method available to obtain that?