[R] Technical Help Request for "Version Differences" (i.e., CYTOFKIT package)

Robert Baer rb@er @end|ng |rom @t@u@edu
Thu Aug 10 17:22:18 CEST 2023

GIven that Cytofkit is removed from Bioconductor, and you seem new to
everything, I would suggest like others already have that you install
the most recent version of R for Windows
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/ and seek a more up-to-date
package.

For flow cytometry, I would like to recommend the CytoExploreR package
(https://dillonhammill.github.io/CytoExploreR/ which is built on top of
the core flow cytometry packages produced by RGLab
(https://cytoverse.org/) and available on Bioconductor
https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/openCyto.html

God luck,

Rob

On 8/4/2023 2:10 AM, MURAT DELMAN via R-help wrote:

> Dear Ms./Mr.,
>

> If the email text and codes below are not properly displayed, you can download the attached Word file, which has exactly the same content.
>

> I am a cytometrist and microscopist at Izmir Institute of Technology, Integrated Research Center. I operate a cytometer and fluorescence microscope to acquire data from our researchers’ samples and then give them analyzed data. I need to dive into bulk data to present all of the information in the sample. To do this, I have recently been trying to develop my skills in R, RStudio, and Cytofkit package for cytometry (flow, spectral, mass, imaging mass cytometry) data analysis. I am new in this area and must learn R for data analysis.
>

> May I request help from you or one of your assistants who is competent in R, RStudio, and R packages with the installation issues caused by “ version differences ” between R itself, R packages, and their dependencies? I really had to send this email to you anymore, because I could not run the package “Cytofkit” and find a solution on the internet.
>

> It has been nearly 2 weeks since I have been trying to solve the errors and warnings. I am in a vicious circle and cannot move forward anymore. This is why I needed help from an expert competent in R programming.
>

> I tried to use the renv package, but I could not move forward because I am not competent in R.
>

> I explained the errors that I faced during the installation below.
>

> I have two computers, both operating Windows 10, 64-bit.
>

> I installed R 3.5. 2 on the desktop (Windows in English) and R 3.5. 0 on the laptop (Windows in Turkish).
>

> I know that you are very busy with your work, but may you (or your assistant) help me by informing me how to install consistent versions of R, RStudio, and packages/dependencies (for example, Cytofkit, ggplot2, Rtools, devtools, plyr, shiny, GUI)?
>

> I guess I will need exact web page links " in an orderly manner" to download the correct versions of everything.
>

> I would appreciate it if you could advise me or forward this email to one of your assistants or experts.
>

> I really appreciate any help you can provide.
>

> Kind Regards
>

> Please find the technical details below;
>

> I used the installation order listed below;
>

> I downloaded R 3.5.0 and R 3.5.2 using the link and directory below.
>

> Link: [ https://www.freestatistics.org/cran/ | https://www.freestatistics.org/cran/ ]
>

> Directory: Download R for Windows > install R for the first time > Previous releases > R 3.5.2 (December, 2018) or R 3.5.0
>

> I downloaded RStudio from the link below;
>

> [ https://posit.co/download/rstudio-desktop/ | https://posit.co/download/rstudio-desktop/ ]
>

> I downloaded packages via either [ https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/r-devel/ | https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/r-devel/ ] or the “install function” tab in RStudio.

> [...]

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiolgy
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
A.T. Still University of Heallth Sciences
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501
P: 660-626-2322

The ATSU Mission
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences serves as a learning-centered university dedicated to preparing highly competent professionals through innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic heritage and focus on whole person healthcare, scholarship, community health, interprofessional education, diversity, and underserved populations.

Proud recipient of INSIGHT Into Diversity’s 2017-19 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Awards.