[R] Technical Help Request for "Version Differences" (i.e., CYTOFKIT package)

Fri Aug 4 20:58:01 CEST 2023

Dear Murat Delman,

Both your messages came through, and I'm replying to the one that was
the first chronologically.

I have taken a look at the cytofkit package. It used to be a
Bioconductor package, but was removed, most likely because it failed to
build and pass a check: https://support.bioconductor.org/p/128865

Installing cytofkit will involve spending a lot of effort: you need an
old Bioconductor release, hence an old version of R, hence likely old,
archived version of the dependencies, and to build the packages from
source because CRAN doesn't serve Windows binaries for old versions of
R. In this light, may I suggest looking for alternative packages that
currently pass their checks on CRAN or Bioconductor? That support
thread above has some suggestions, though I lack the expertise to judge
them. In particular, the cytofWorkflow vignette and the scDataviz
package look promising.

For "basic R literacy", I can recommend this free book by A. Shipunov:
http://web.archive.org/web/20230501112111/http://ashipunov.info/shipunov/school/biol_240/en/visual_statistics.pdf

In order to install packages from the current release of Bioconductor,
follow the guide at https://bioconductor.org/install/.

Good luck!

--
Best regards,