[R] Error Running arules

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Thu Sep 1 17:45:15 CEST 2022

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded my box recently. I am now running R at version 4.2. I
attempted to do association rules today using arules. I am getting two
errors.

My first guess is there is something in the build of the arules that is
not found in r-base. My second guess is the script syntax needs further
work.

Anyone have an idea how to interpret these two errors, pls?

stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ dpkg -s r-base | grep Version
Version: 4.2.1-2.2204.0
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ dpkg -s r-cran-arules | grep Version
Version: 1.7-4-1cran1.2204.0
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ dpkg -s r-cran-Matrix | grep Version
Version: 1.4-1-1.2204.0
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ dpkg -s r-cran-psych | grep Version
Version: 2.2.5-1cran1.2204.0
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $
setwd("/home/stephen/SHD-R")

library(Matrix)
library(arules)
library(psych)

Data <- read.csv("./input/DataSet.csv", header=T, colClasses='factor')

Groups <- Data[6:12]
Groups[Groups=="0"] <- NA
View(Groups)

rules <- apriori(Groups, parameter = list(ext = FALSE, minlen=2,
supp=0.2, conf=0.5))
inspect(rules)
ERROR ONE
Attaching package: ‘arules’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

     abbreviate, write
ERROR TWO
Error in eval(ei, envir) : object 'Insert' not found

Kindest Regards,
--
*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/