[R] [Rd] R 4.2.2 is released
pd@me@ @end|ng |rom cb@@dk
Mon Oct 31 10:29:07 CET 2022
The build system rolled up R-4.2.2.tar.gz (codename "Innocent and Trusting") this morning.
The list below details the changes in this release.
You can get the source code from
or wait for it to be mirrored at a CRAN site nearer to you.
Binaries for various platforms will appear in due course.
For the R Core Team,
These are the checksums (md5 and SHA-256) for the freshly created files, in case you wish
to check that they are uncorrupted:
MD5 (AUTHORS) = 320967884b547734d6279dedbc739dd4
MD5 (COPYING) = eb723b61539feef013de476e68b5c50a
MD5 (COPYING.LIB) = a6f89e2100d9b6cdffcea4f398e37343
MD5 (FAQ) = 1ff069b3d34234bb6df71298380da3a8
MD5 (INSTALL) = 7893f754308ca31f1ccf62055090ad7b
MD5 (NEWS) = df3c0a29151cfbc40e6a07a5ad398de1
MD5 (NEWS.0) = bfcd7c147251b5474d96848c6f57e5a8
MD5 (NEWS.1) = eb78c4d053ec9c32b815cf0c2ebea801
MD5 (NEWS.2) = b38d94569700664205a76a7de836ba83
MD5 (NEWS.3) = e55ed2c8a547b827b46e08eb7137ba23
MD5 (R-latest.tar.gz) = b154500667b5ebb480f1086dd817f017
MD5 (README) = f468f281c919665e276a1b691decbbe6
MD5 (RESOURCES) = a79b9b338cab09bd665f6b62ac6f455b
MD5 (THANKS) = 45b6d2e88a6ecb5b24fa33a781351cd5
MD5 (VERSION-INFO.dcf) = 7c5057ff5958b2312a88556487fae295
MD5 (R-4/R-4.2.2.tar.gz) = b154500667b5ebb480f1086dd817f017
This is the relevant part of the NEWS file
CHANGES IN R 4.2.2:
* tools::Rdiff(useDiff = TRUE) checks for the presence of an
external diff command and switches to useDiff = FALSE if none is
found. This allows R CMD Rdiff to always work.
* On Windows, environment variable R_LIBCURL_SSL_REVOKE_BEST_EFFORT
can be used to switch to only 'best-effort' SSL certificate
revocation checks with the default "libcurl" download method.
This reduces security, but may be needed for downloads to work
with MITM proxies (PR#18379).
* (macOS) The run-time check for libraries from XQuartz for X11 and
Tcl/Tk no longer uses otool from the Apple Developer Tools
* The LaTeX style for producing the PDF manuals, Rd.sty, now loads
the standard amsmath, amsfonts and amssymb packages for greater
coverage of math commands in the Rd \eqn and \deqn macros. The
\mathscr LaTeX command is also provided (via the mathrsfs
package, if available, or the amsfonts bundle otherwise),
fulfilling the wish of PR#18398.
* (Windows) The default format of readClipboard() and
writeClipboard() has been changed to 13 (CF_UNICODETEXT).
INSTALLATION on a UNIX-ALIKE:
* The PDF manuals (if built) can be compacted by the new target
make compact-pdf (at the top level or in directory doc/manual).
* There is now configure support for LLVM clang 15 on Linux, which
defaults to position-independent (PIE) executables whereas
gfortran does not.
* Many small changes to ease compilation (and suppress warnings)
with LLVM clang 15.
* Rscript -e would fail if stdin were closed (Reported by Henrik
* qt(*, log.p=TRUE) in outer tails no longer produces NaN in its
final steps, thus fixing PR#18360.
* tools::Rd2latex() now escapes hashes and ampersands when writing
URLs, fixing LaTeX errors with such URLs in \tabular.
* When isGeneric(f, fdef=*) is used with mismatching names, the
warning is better understandable; reported (with fix) in PR#18370
by Gabe Becker.
* poly(x, n) now works again (and is now documented) when x is a
"Date" or "POSIXct" object, or of another class while fulfilling
mode(x) == "numeric". This also enables poly(x, *, raw=TRUE) for
such variables. Reported by Michael Chirico to R-devel.
* write.table(), write.csv() and write.csv2() restore their
numerical precision (internal equivalent of digits = 15) after an
* One can now read also byte FF from a clipboard connection
* source("") and source(character()) now give more helpful error
* R CMD check --as-cran set _R_CHECK_TIMINGS_ too late to have the
* as.POSIXlt(x) now also works with very large dates x, fixing
PR#18401 reported by Hannes M"uhleisen.
* Files can now be extracted even from very large zip archives
(PR#18390, thanks to Martin Jakt).
* Non-finite objects of class "POSIXlt" are now correctly coerced
to classes "Date" and "POSIXct"; following up on the extension to
format() them correctly.
* Added methods for is.finite(), is.infinite() and is.nan() for
"POSIXlt" date-time objects.
BUG FIXES on Windows:
* Non-ASCII characters are now properly displayed on Windows in
windows created using GraphApp via e.g. winDialogString thanks to
a workaround for an at least surprising Windows behavior with
UTF-8 as the system encoding (PR#18382).
* Find and replace operations work again in the script editor in
Rgui on Windows.
* Computation of window size based on requested client size in
GraphApp when running in a multi-byte locale on Windows has been
fixed (regression in R 4.2.0 for users of systems where R 4.1
used a single-byte locale). Rgui again respects the number of
console rows and columns given in Rconsole file.
* Rterm support for Alt+xxx sequences has been fixed to produce the
corresponding character (only) once. This fixes pasting text with
tilde on Italian keyboard (PR#18391).
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Office: A 4.23
Email: pd.mes using cbs.dk Priv: PDalgd using gmail.com
R-announce using r-project.org mailing list
More information about the R-help