[R] Is there a canonical way to pronounce CRAN?

Kevin Thorpe kev|n@thorpe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Wed May 4 16:38:13 CEST 2022

Interesting.

I have always pronounced it as See-ran. This probably stems from my exposure to other archive like CPAN (perl) and CTAN (TeX) that I have been exposed to. Obviously the latter two acronyms are unpronounceable as words so I generalized the approach to CRAN.

Kevin