[R] QGIS and R

Sat Apr 23 16:53:27 CEST 2022

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:32:07 +0100
Nick Wray <nickmwray using gmail.com> wrote:

> For example I have installed RQGIS successfully but any example
> programs won't run because (apparently)  I haven't got x-display
> enabled

Bad news: RQGIS is apparently not maintained any more [1,2], because it
only supports the old version of QGIS (2 instead of 3). There was
something called RQGIS3, but it didn't work out, either [3]. Your best
bet might be something else called qgisprocess [4], which isn't on CRAN
(yet?), but at least doesn't have scary warnings in its README.

I'll second the advice to ask in R-SIG-Geo. That X11-related problem (?)
might solve itself by the time you switch to another package, but if it
doesn't, make sure to mention the exact error message and the operating
system you are running: X11 is very different between Windows, macOS
and other POSIX-compatible OSes.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

P.S. Please compose your messages to R mailing lists in plain text, not
HTML.

--
Best regards,
Ivan