[R] Confused by error message: Error in assign(".popath", popath, .BaseNamespaceEnv)

Tue Apr 12 12:38:03 CEST 2022

В Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:59:35 +1200
Tiffany Vidal <tiffany.vidal using gmail.com> пишет:

> devtools::install_github("MikkoVihtakari/ggOceanMapsData")
>
> Error in assign(".popath", popath, .BaseNamespaceEnv) :
> cannot change value of locked binding for '.popath'
> Calls: local ... eval.parent -> eval -> eval -> eval -> eval -> assign

A full output of traceback() just after the error could be very useful
here. This error message might indicate a bug in devtools or its
dependencies (perhaps remotes). I don't know if the developers of
remotes or devtools lurk here, but it should be possible to reach them
at GitHub: https://github.com/r-lib/devtools/issues

You could also check whether devtools or the package itself is to blame
by downloading the code (either using git clone or by downloading the
zip archive of the head of the master branch), then running R CMD build
and R CMD INSTALL on the contents.

--
Best regards,
Ivan