[R] KeyboardSimulator mouse.get_cursor() Not Working

Tue Oct 26 09:51:56 CEST 2021

    > Hi, I tried using the mouse.get_cursor() function in the
    > KeyboardSimulator library but it appears to no longer be
    > working.

    > When I first tried it I got an error message

    > Error in get_cursor() :

    >   function 'Rcpp_precious_remove' not provided by package
    > 'Rcpp'.

    > I installed and loaded the Rcpp library and then why I try
    > the get_cursor() function it freezes my Windows gui
    > version of R.

    > My Sys.info() is shown below.

    > Any help would be appreciated.

    > Thanks.  --John Sparks,

    >> Sys.info()
    >        sysname release version nodename machine login
    > "Windows" "10 x64" "build 19043" "SPARKS-PC" "x86-64"
    > "JSparks" user effective_user "JSparks" "JSparks"

BTW: A package *only* available on Windows

What was the answer of

     maintainer("KeyboardSimulator")

when you asked him about the problem?
This is *the* approach to take first in such cases... unless
for standard R ("base" + "Recommended") packages or other
very very widely used packages, say ggplot2.

Best regards,
Martin

--
Martin Maechler