[R] I'd like to request that my R CRAN package is not tested on Solaris OS

Stefan Evert @te|@nML @end|ng |rom co||oc@t|on@@de
Fri Oct 22 16:30:05 CEST 2021

Just to add my personal cent to this:  I've had similar issues with an R package some time ago, which kept crashing somewhat unpredictably in the Solaris tests.

Debugging was hard because it only happened on Solaris, but in the end it turned out to be due to serious bugs in the code that only happened to surface in the Solaris tests.   I would think that it's likely to be the same for your package, so the segfaults shouldn't be accepted too readily as a platform quirk.

Best
SE