[R] Calculating column differences

Jeff Reichman re|chm@nj @end|ng |rom @bcg|ob@|@net
Wed Mar 24 19:21:08 CET 2021

Gerrit

Changed my approach 😊

df <- data.frame(ID=1:5,Score=4*2:6)

df %>%

  mutate(score_diff = Score - lag(Score, default = 0))

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Gerrit Eichner
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 11:53 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] Calculating column differences

Dear Jeff,

read diff's help page, and you'll find out what is wrong with your expectation.

What do think diff(df$Score) should give for the first element in df$Score??

  Hth  --  Gerrit

Dr. Gerrit Eichner                   Mathematical Institute, Room 212

 <mailto:gerrit.eichner using math.uni-giessen.de> gerrit.eichner using math.uni-giessen.de   Justus-Liebig-University Giessen

Tel: +49-(0)641-99-32104          Arndtstr. 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany

 <http://www.uni-giessen.de/eichner> http://www.uni-giessen.de/eichner