[R] about a p-value < 2.2e-16

Peter Langfelder peter@|@ng|e|der @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 19 06:15:23 CET 2021

I thinnk the answer is much simpler. The print method for hypothesis
tests (class htest) truncates the p-values. In the above example,
instead of using

wilcox.test(rnorm(100), rnorm(100, 2), exact=TRUE)

and copying the output, just print the p-value:

tst = wilcox.test(rnorm(100), rnorm(100, 2), exact=TRUE)
tst$p.value

[1] 2.988368e-32

I think this value is what the journal asks for.

HTH,

Peter