[R] Is there anyone who uses both R and Python here? How do you debug? Perhaps in RStudio?

Robert Knight bobby@kn|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 27 17:31:53 CET 2021

An iterative process works well. Python to get the data desired and then
Rscript script.r from a command line.   My process involves building a
script in R using, using Rstudio, Pycharm, VS Code, Kate, or some other
editor.  Then using data input built with Python as input to Rscript. The R
scripts produce excel files or CSV data for other use   RStudio is amazing
for some slow pace academic work.  The "expected a numeric but got a char"
error appeared to often for my needs and so the workflows wound up with
Python building data that's already cleaned for use in R to avoid data
import troubles.  My code use a functional paradigm rather than object
oriented paradigm.  Python does more than just munge my data since it
handled many mathematic operations on it, but it's ultimate purpose is to
clean large amounts of data to avoid import errors in R.