[R] Script Run Output Capturing

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Thu Dec 23 12:03:57 CET 2021

Hi,

I need to capture the output in a physical file when I run an R script.
I would like to capture the output as a TXT file. I am thinking
something along the line of the tee command is what I am after, but I am
not certain what I am after here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tee_(command)

https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/tee-invocation.html

Here is a syntax example of how I use the tee command on other efforts
of life:
/bin/bash ./BackUp_script-v3.sh | tee -a ~/Desktop/script-run-Sunday-1.txt

Here is a syntax example of how I am running my R scripts now:
#R Studio Console
#source("./process/script-name.r")

#Bash Terminal
#Rscript ./process/script-name.r

QUESTIONS
What command or function am I after to capture console and terminal output?

It would be best to also define the character encoding and line ending
parameters of the TXT file. How do I amend my existing script run syntax
to capture the said outputs?

Thanks,
--
*Stephen Dawson, DSL*