[R] problem with switching windows in RSelenium..

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Thu Dec 23 08:14:45 CET 2021

dear Kim,
                Hope you are doing well.

I am Akshay, from bengaluru, INDIA. I am stock trader and am using R for my research. More specifically, I am using RSelenium to scrape news articles. I am stuck in the problem related to RSelenium.

I am not able to switch windows in Rselenium 1.7.7 ( I am using chrome) . My situation is exactly as described in this link: https://github.com/ropensci/RSelenium/issues/143
I also referred to this link:   https://github.com/ropensci/RSelenium/issues/205
I have three questions:

  1.  Please refer to the second link. I ran the following command as suggested in that link:
  2.  > binman::list_versions("chromedriver")
$win32
[1] "96.0.4664.45" "97.0.4692.20" "97.0.4692.36"

          I am currently using the first option. Will i be lucky if I switch to either the second or the third option? Or to any other version? Also, I suppose the versions are for 32 bit($win32 above). Again, will I be lucky if I switch to 64bit versions? If yes, how do you switch to 64 bit versions? (I am using AWS EC2 windows instance which is 64 bit system)

        2. Please refer to the first link. I have read in the comments that the myswitch function works in these cases. The solution was presented in 2017. Will myswitch still be valid in December 2021? If not, can you please give me a modified version?

        3. My Rselenium session gets terminated after some period of inactivity. How can I change that?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanking You,
Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI