[R] What are the pros and cons of the log.p parameter in (p|q)norm and similar?

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Aug 3 18:20:12 CEST 2021

Short version

Apart from the ability to work with values of p too small to be of much
practical use what are the advantages and disadvantages of setting this
to TRUE?

Longer version

I am contemplating upgrading various functions in one of my packages to
use this and as far as I can see it would only have the advantage of
allowing people to use very small p-values but before I go ahead have I
missed anything? I am most concerned with negatives but if there is any
other advantage I would mention that in the vignette. I am not concerned
about speed or the extra effort in coding and expanding the documentation.
--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html