[R] Generate oauth token using HTTR package in R

Mark Fowler gm@rk@|ow|er @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Tue Aug 3 11:39:46 CEST 2021

Hi Lac,

The status code means that you were not authorized to access the site, perhaps reflecting some problem with your syntax or your permissions. I note that attempting to simply go to the link to check on it gives status code 405, meaning the typical click on the hypertext is not an accepted method to access the location. Also consider the possibility that the site might be experiencing problems, so even if your syntax was correct it might not work right now. Another possibility is a change to URL syntax (addressing) at the precisely.com end, which appears to have been an issue, but I do not know if it still is.

From: Lac Will<mailto:outlook_789D32266F1FD473 using outlook.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 4:10 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org<mailto:r-help using r-project.org>
Subject: [R] Generate oauth token using HTTR package in R

Novice attempting R, as displayed below, to obtain an oauth token using HTTR package in R and have a status code of 401.

Any insight as to the cause of this error and a resolution?

Thanks in advance.

library(httr)

base64_value <-
  "123456789="

response16 <-
  httr::POST (url = "https://api.precisely.com/oauth/token" ,
             httr::add_headers(Authorization = paste("Basic", base64_value, sep = "")),
             body = list(grant_type = "client_credentials"),
             encode = "form"
             )

#verbose(data_out = true, data_in = False, info = false, ssl = false)

warn_for_status(response16)
stop_for_status(response16)