[R] [External] Re: unable to access index for repository...

Steven Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Thu Oct 8 20:47:22 CEST 2020

Hmm. You raised an interesting point. Actually I am not having problems with aod per se—-it is just a supporting package I need while using old R. The essential package I need, maxLik, simply works better under R-3.0.3, for reason I do not understand—specifically the numerical gradients of the likelihood function are not evaluated as accurately in newer versions of R in my experience, which is why I continue to use R-3.0.3. Because I use this older version of R, naturally I need to install other supporting packages such as aod and AER.
Certainly, I will install the zip file of the older version of maxLik to the latest R and see what happens. Thank you.

I will install the new maxLik in old R, and old maxLik in new R, and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone
Beware: My autocorrect is crazy