[R] unable to access index for repository...

Thu Oct 8 19:37:42 CEST 2020

All support on this list is voluntary, and support for old versions of R is not even necessarily on-topic here which is why you keep getting nudged to upgrade. Your "need" for support for an old version is definitely not "our" problem, so I suggest you start looking for a consultant if this issue is that important to you. Such is the nature of volunteer-developed open source software... so support your local experts.