[R] unable to access index for repository...

Thu Oct 8 18:02:56 CEST 2020

Okay, so it's not an RStudio issue.  However, I'd guess setting

   options(repos = "https://cran-archive.r-project.org")

at the start of your session could make everything work.  (I'm guessing
you currently have it set to "http://cran.rstudio.com", which is the
source of the last warning below, probably due to an R bug.  But since
you're using an obsolete version of R, it shouldn't surprise you that it
has bugs that nobody else is seeing.)

Duncan Murdoch