[R] How to pass a character string with a hyphen

Robert Knight bobby@kn|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 17 22:56:23 CET 2020

Strip the left characters and strip the right characters into their own
variables using one of the methods that can do that.  Then pass it using
something like paste(left, "-", right).