[R] How to pass a character string with a hyphen

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue Nov 17 22:16:45 CET 2020

Hi,

You might want to look at ?shQuote, which wraps text in single quotes, if the source text does not include them, or double quotes otherwise, as might be used in a shell setting, where you are passing arguments that may have spaces or other characters that may be evaluated.

My guess is that the API that you are passing the character vector to may be parsing/evaluating the '-' and only seeing the first part of the passed value.

So, for example:

> shQuote("xxxx-yyyy")
[1] "'xxxx-yyyy'"

See if that works.