[R] Automating package updates after major version change

Thu May 14 21:30:31 CEST 2020

On the contrary... that is the use case in which it makes the least sense to muck with system files. System files are maintained using system package management tools which at best lag terribly, while R packages are much easier to manage using R's internal package tools with no elevated privileges.