[R] Automating package updates after major version change

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 14 20:24:59 CEST 2020

If you don't mind, I'm curious what didn't work - I would like to be
able to update the document accordingly.

When you used

.libPaths()

what did it tell you? Did you edit that result to be for the previous
version, and swap that into the list.files() command? I thought about
automating it, but I can't be sure what previous version you're
upgrading from.

I suspect you tried to run the code by copy and paste, and not by
putting in your own path, but if so then I'd like to improve the
directions.

Sarah

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 2:19 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard using appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 2020, Sarah Goslee wrote:
>
> > Note that install.packages requires "character vector of the names of
> > packages whose current versions should be downloaded from the
> > repositories" as stated in the help file.
>
> Sarah,
>
> Ah, yes. I missed that.
>
> > If you aren't going to do it the way I did, then you need to read your
> > text file into R and create that character vector there.
>
> I tried to translate your MacOS R commands to my linux system but failed in
> my attempts.
>
> I'll create a one-line list of packages, demarked as strings, and read that
> into R as a vector.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Sarah Goslee (she/her)