[R] Automating package updates after major version change

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Thu May 14 20:18:27 CEST 2020

On Thu, 14 May 2020, Sarah Goslee wrote:

> Note that install.packages requires "character vector of the names of
> packages whose current versions should be downloaded from the
> repositories" as stated in the help file.

Sarah,

Ah, yes. I missed that.

> If you aren't going to do it the way I did, then you need to read your
> text file into R and create that character vector there.

I tried to translate your MacOS R commands to my linux system but failed in
my attempts.

I'll create a one-line list of packages, demarked as strings, and read that
into R as a vector.

Thanks,

Rich