[R] Load svg, eps or png into graphics device?

Paul Murrell p@u| @end|ng |rom @t@t@@uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Jun 21 22:42:01 CEST 2020

Hi

Do you mean you want to reduce *system requirements* ?  I'm not sure you
have many options.  Looking at the plantuml output format options, there
is ...

png via 'png', which requires libpng
svg via 'grImport2', which requires 'rsvg', which requires librsvg2
eps via 'grImport', which requires ghostscript

... and a number of other formats that cannot be read directly into R AFAIK.

The only option that does not require dependencies looks like the "txt"
format, which you could read in with readLines(), but I'm not sure you
want an ASCII art version :)

Paul

On 20/06/20 2:56 am, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a package, which plots from the plantuml syntax (https://plantuml.com) graphs via a knitr engine, into a file, or into a graphics device (https://github.com/rkrug/plantuml).
>
> I am using at the moment grImport for the eps import, but would like to cut down on dependencies.
>
> Is there a way of bringing graphics files (png, sag, eps, …) into a graphics device in R?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer
>

> --
> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
>
> Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066
>
> Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
> University of Zürich
> Office Y34-J-74
> Winterthurerstrasse 190
> 8075 Zürich