[R] Load svg, eps or png into graphics device?

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jun 20 01:30:03 CEST 2020

If I understand your question correctly, you're already able to read
an EPS file.
So, essentially, you have an answer to your question.

Paul Murrell published an article on using raster graphics, in 2011.
https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2011-1/RJournal_2011-1_Murrell.pdf

I would assume there's been progress since then.
But I don't see the point here.
Writing what would otherwise be vector graphics to a raster-based
image file, and then reading it back into a vector graphics system,
would create unnecessary problems.