[R] R 4.0.1 crashes with R Commander

Mon Jun 8 15:47:25 CEST 2020

On 07/06/2020 1:53 p.m., Paulo Figueiredo wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> as an update, I tried to open R Commander under R 32 bits and it worked,
> but not with R Studio choosing the 32 bit R.
>
> Thus, trying to load R Commander under R Studio (32 and 64 bits) or R 64
> bits crashes the programmes. It only loads under 32 bit R 4.0.1.

There's a report of a bug in 4.0.1 that causes this.  So far it's only
known to affect Windows, but it may also affect other systems. The only
thing you can do at the moment is install a nightly build of R-patched
with revision number of at least r78653.  You can get it from here:

https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

Duncan Murdoch