[R] Plot base 100

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun Jul 19 21:12:53 CEST 2020

On 7/19/20 11:18 AM, Pedro páramo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to make a plot based on stock market prices and the library
> quantmod, imagine
>
> BatchGetSymbols(‘^IBEX’, first.date = ‘1999-12-31’,
>   last.date = ‘2020-12-07’)
>
> The thing is I want to plot a plot that for each year on 31/12/year tthe
> base is 100 and each day calvulate the cumulative returns so if on
> 01/01/year t+1 in one day stock climbs a 3% the Index values 103. I want to
> plot for each day off the year to the end of the year a line (in fact would
> be 20 lines) in the example from year 2000 to actual 2020.
>
> Aditionally on the current year I want to plot the line more thig (dar) to
> clearly distinguish It.
>
> Do you know if there is some predefinited function to construct It.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Rhelp is a plain text mailing list. It is not a project server. We don't
exist to deliver code on command. We do exist to help with efforts at R
coding. First you need to use an editor that does not create "smart
quotes" by default. You should also start your code with library calls
to load all necessary packages. I note this because GetBatchSymbols is
not in package:quantmod. You should then show all the code from your
efforts at investigation of objects' structure and properties and your
efforts at plotting. Then describe what sort of problems you seem to be
having in understanding the results and modifying them.

--

David