[R] [FORGED] Re: Executing an R script and show the plots.

Felix Blind |e||xb||nd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 27 10:16:53 CET 2020

Thanks  a lot you guys,

you all were right; I used most of your suggestions as part of the solution.
It is a considerable effort to get persistent plots when running an R
script.
The problem is even when I open an interface with X11() it closes
immediately afterwards, when the script is done executing.

My workaround now is:
g <- ggplot(...)
X11()
print(g)
invisible(readLines("stdin", n=1))

But frankly I do not think that is feasible for a steady development
environment.

As to the suggestions to use Rstudio. I tried it before in university. I
did not like it, too much mouse, too crowded interface. Actually the
difficulty to just use scripts in R was one big reason that I now write
python code. (But that now borders on a discussion post, and that is not
my intention)

Kind regards,
Felix