[R] citing old(er) versions of packages

Ivan Calandra c@|@ndr@ @end|ng |rom rgzm@de
Thu Jan 16 18:03:55 CET 2020

Dear useRs,

I want to cite the packages I have used in my analyses for a paper. I
have recorded through sessionInfo() which packages and which versions I
used for a given analysis.

I know how to cite a package using the citation() function, but the
problem is that in the meantime, I have updated these packages.
citation() returns the citation for the actual installed version. And
citations change over time (e.g. with more people getting involved in
the development and maintenance of a package).

Now the question is how do I find out how to cite a given, not actual
version of a package?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Ivan

--
Dr. Ivan Calandra
TraCEr, laboratory for Traceology and Controlled Experiments