[R] Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

T. A. Milne m||net@ @end|ng |rom tut@@|o
Tue Dec 29 16:50:40 CET 2020

I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnnIts parameter is 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuningusing random search, I set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3But it gives an error messageError in self$assert(xs) :  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1 is not >= 1.I have tried different values but the error remains.Warm regards	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
I know absolutely nothing about the specific statistical tools being used here, but:

In several nearest neighbor routines, the parameter k refers to the number of nearest neighbors to be considered (in some computation).  In that case, k must be at least 1, which is what the cited error message seems to be claiming.  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?

- T. Arthur Milne