[R] Help with connection issue for R (just joined, leading R for our agency)

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Mon Dec 14 09:16:34 CET 2020

Hallo Alejandra

Although RStudio and ESS could help with some automation (each with its own
way), using R alone is not a big problem, especially if you are not familiar
with Emacs basics and perceiving RStudio issues. I use R with simple
external editor - it could be notepad but I could recommend TINN-R

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tinn-r/

which has syntax highlighting and works smoothly if R is console is set to
multiple windows. It is also quite easy to manage.

Good luck with R.

Cheers
Petr

Berkeley