[R] confidence interval

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun Apr 26 21:00:02 CEST 2020

On 4/26/20 11:26 AM, Alex Serafim wrote:
> there is a function called "confbands", which is no longer available in
> software R. It is not "confband" or "confBands", but "confbands", I need to
> use this object to add confidence intervals in my work. Why is this
> function not available?
> attached is an image that shows how the graph should look, in another image
> is the error that appears in the software. "confbands" object not
> found. Also attached is an image showing the function functioning normally.
> In which even the functions of the object appear.

There was no attached image or images. That is because you have not
carefully read the information provided here:

R is composed of packages. You need to know which package the
"confbands" function came from before we can identify the cause of its
absence.

It could be that you have not installed or loaded the package into your
session. Or it could be that the author of the package in which it used
to be made available has not maintained it on CRAN. Or perhaps it was
never on CRAN and was instead on some blog or class assignment where it
was defined upstream and you failed to notice it. All these situations
have been seen on Rhelp posted by persons claiming that a function has
gone missing.

--

David.