[R] Can I use R for comertial projects for free?

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 22 22:20:52 CEST 2020

It is legal (subject to licensing conditions), as mentioned by Duncan and Jeff.

However, I would like to add two comments:
(1) If you use R in publications/reports, I strongly recommend you cite R.
(2) If you benefit from R, I strongly recommend contributing to R, in some form.

This could include hiring R programmers for more than the absolute
bare minimum of R work.
Noting that none of the employers in my country, except possibly
universities (and even then not much), are interested in cultivating
employees with significant R expertise.

It could also include making donations to the R Foundation, or
offering web hosting.
Anything is better than nothing...