[R] density vs. mass for discrete probability functions

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 15 14:37:25 CET 2019

Mathematically, you can bring discrete and continuous distributions on a common footing by defining probability functions as densities wrt. counting measure. You don't really need Radon-Nikodym derivatives to understand the idea, just the fact that sums can be interpreted as integrals wrt counting measure, hence sum_{x in A} f(x) and int_A f(x) dx are essentially the same concept.

-pd