[R] How to combine the results of different survey?

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Jun 4 16:17:40 CEST 2019

Dear Damien

Comments in line

On 03/06/2019 15:50, Damien Zurkinden wrote:
> I have results of different surveys (years) for different species that I called NAMA. I want to combining the results of those different surveys to produce one overall result by using meta-analysis
>
> I tried to implement my data using the R package metaplus. I used as Vector of observed effect sizes corresponding to each study (yi) the years (colomns). I used as Vector of character strings corresponding to each study (slab) the species (lines).
>
> note: I don't have Vector of observed standard errors corresponding to each study (sei)

I do not use metaplus but it seems unlikely that you are going to get
useful results within the standard errors

> NAMA.meta <- metaplus(yi= 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data=NAMA)

You have supplied a formula for yi and for slab. In your text you said
you had supplied a vector of character strings.

> The expected results should be the parameter estimates & forest plot. However, I receive an error message:
>
> Error in terms.formula(object, data = data) :
>
>    terme incorrect dans une formule de mod�le
>
> In addition: Warning message:
>
> In metaplus(yi = 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data = NAMA) :
>
>    Very few studies. Solution may be unstable.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>

> Damien
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>

> ---