[R] Using options(max.print = 1000000) to read in data

Kevin Thorpe kev|n@thorpe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Mon Jul 8 16:15:59 CEST 2019

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Spencer Brackett <spbrackett20 using saintjosephhs.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  I am trying to reload some data into R in order to check to see if it is
> formatted as a matrix. I used the command options(max.print = 10000000) to
> account for the 20,000 some rows omitted previously when just using the
> basic version of this function. After entering this command, the dataset
> mostly loaded into R, but 14717 rows were still omitted.
>
>  Can I simply increase the number indicted after 'max.print =' to read in
> the remaining rows, or should I use 'bigfile.sample <-' or
> 'bigfile.colclass <-' instead? Do I even need to read in all of the rows to
> test for a matrix?
>
> Best,
>
> Spencer

I don’t think this option affects how much data is read in, just how much is printed to the screen. Use the function str() on your imported object to see how many rows, among other things, were brought in.