[R] Which dependency list to build first?

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Feb 27 20:13:57 CET 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, William Dunlap wrote:

> Add the --no-test-load option to the install command and the unloadable .so
> file should be left there so you can look at its dependencies with, e.g.,
> 'R CMD ldd .../libs/later.so'.

Bill,

Using the syntax 'install.packages("later") --no-test-load' still produces
the same result:

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘later’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
  unable to load shared object '/usr/lib/R/library/later/libs/later.so':
   /usr/lib/R/library/later/libs/later.so: undefined symbol: __atomic_fetch_add_8
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed

The later package was installed so why it's not updating now puzzles me. I'm
running R-3.5.2 on Slackware-14.2.

Regards,

Rich