[R] Requesting for help on the problem of "subscript out of bounds"

ruipbarradas ru|pb@rr@d@@ @end|ng |rom @@po@pt
Sat Oct 6 11:18:28 CEST 2018

Hello,
Instead of nrow try all uppercase:
N <- NROW (ts)

Hope this helps,
Rui Barradas

Enviado a partir do meu smartphone Samsung Galaxy.-------- Mensagem original --------De: Subhamitra Patra <subhamitra.patra using gmail.com> Data: 06/10/2018  10:14  (GMT+00:00) Para: drjimlemon using gmail.com Cc: r-help using r-project.org Assunto: Re: [R]
  Requesting for help on the problem of "subscript out of bounds"
Hello Sir,

I tried by defining mat, but still facing the same problem.

Hence, mat represents the time series. This time, I defined it as ts and
tried, but still having the same problem.

In particular, the problem is coming in the following line
*for (i in 1:N){*
*+     r[i]<-approx_entropy(ts[i,], edim = 2, r = 0.2*sd(ts[i,]), elag =
1) *

where i is unable to synchronize with the no. of rows i.e. rows and thus I
am getting the error of

*Error in `[<-`(`*tmp*`, i, , value = ts[i:(N - m + i)]) :   subscript out
of bounds*

For your reference, I am providing my full code with an explanation as
follows.

The function

approx_entropy(ts, edim = 2, r = 0.2*sd(ts), elag = 1)

from the package,pracma I am calculating the approximate entropy of time
series.ts

I have a matrix of time series (one series per row i.e. 51 rows and 1
column)  and I would estimate the approximate entropy for each of the rows,
storing the results in a vector. So, I have written a code

library(pracma)

N<-nrow(ts)
r<-matrix(0, nrow = N, ncol = 1)for (i in 1:N){
     r[i]<-approx_entropy(ts[i,], edim = 2, r = 0.2*sd(ts[i,]), elag = 1)}

* After calculating for 1 series, I need to calculate the same things for
the multiple series by changing the dimension of the ncol.*

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.