[R] Exporting to text files

John jwd @end|ng |rom @urewe@t@net
Sun May 20 03:05:02 CEST 2018

On Fri, 18 May 2018 11:47:25 -0500
Ed Siefker <ebs15242 using gmail.com> wrote:

> I have dose response data analyzed with the package 'drc'.
> 'summary(mymodel)' prints my kinetic parameters.  I want
> that text in an ASCII text file.  I want to get exactly what I
> would get if I copied and pasted from the terminal window.
>
> I've read the documentation on data export to text files here:
> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-data.html#Export-to-text-files
>
> write() does not work.

The sink() or capture.output() commands do what you want.  The latter is
less cumbersome if you are working directly with R in a terminal rather
than with a script.  You could also employ the knitr and rmarkdown
packages with RStudio if you plan to include the material in a Word or
Libreoffice document.

JWDougherty