[R] Recoding variables in R

Lisa van der Burgh li@@vdburgh @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed May 23 12:14:34 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I have a very general question and I think for you maybe very easy, but I am not able to solve it.

I have a dataset and that dataset contains the variable Anxiolytics. This variable is coded as 0, 1, 2. The variable looks as follows:

> summary(DF$Anxiolytics)
   0        1     2       NA's
1102   0     20    440

You can see that the variable is coded as 0, 1, 2, but group 1 is 'empty'. So I want to remove this group, such that I get:

> summary(DF$Anxiolytics)
   0          2       NA's
1102     20      440

And then I want to recode the variable in a way that 2 becomes 1, such as:

> summary(DF$Anxiolytics)
   0          1       NA's
1102     20      440

Can you help me with the code for doing this?

Thank you in advance!
Best, Lisa