[R] OT --- grammar.

Mon Jun 25 02:03:57 CEST 2018

Ted, et. al.:

Re: "Data is" vs "data are" ... Heh heh!

"This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put."
(Attributed to Churchill in one form or another, likely wrongly.)

See here for some semi-authoritative dicussion:

http://www.onlinegrammar.com.au/top-10-grammar-myths-data-is-plural-so-must-take-a-plural-verb/

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter