[R] A couple of batch mode questions

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Jul 25 20:41:42 CEST 2018

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, Eric Berger wrote:

> 1. For R scripts you should also consider the package littler developed by
> Dirk Eddelbuettel, Highly recommended. For info
> http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/littler.html or the github repository.

Eric,

   I'll definintely look at that package.

> 2. Scripts can be useful both for short calculations, extending the shell,
> or for large R jobs that are not interactive and can run unsupervised.
> e.g. I have a script that is run automatically on a daily schedule. It
> performs a number of calculations and updates a database with the results.

   My immediate need is to import 30 data files, change factors into dates
and datetimes, print a summary, then plot a PDF scatterplot. This is why I
need to learn Rscript. I should be able to wrap that in a bash shell
script's for ... do loop that runs the Rscript for all *.dat files in the
directory.

Much appreciated,

Rich