[R] Combinations of true/false values where one pair is mutually exclusive

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Thu Aug 2 17:52:57 CEST 2018

From what I can tell, the simplest way is to
   First generate all the combinations
   Then exclude those you don't want.

Here's an example, with only three variables (D, E, and F), that excludes those where E and F both fail

> tmp <- c('p','f')
> X <- expand.grid(D=tmp, E=tmp, F=tmp)
> X <- subset(X, !(E=='f' & F=='f'))
  D E F